How do appointments and cancellations work?
- If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, Dr. Fitz is happy to accommodate you. Please notify the office three days in advance if possible.
- If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice and decide not to reschedule, there will be a 50% visit fee charge.
- Please email or call the office to schedule an appointment
What about lab testing?
- Dr. Fitz will likely recommend routine blood work and advanced functional medicine testing such as nutrition tests, stool microbiome tests, hormone metabolism tests, and more.
- Most insurance carriers pay for the majority of specialized, functional medicine tests, but patients typically have some out of pocket costs. We will discuss ahead of time what your co-pays might be based on your insurance.
How does insurance and billing work?
- Women’s Integrative Health does not participate with any private insurance or Medicaid and we have opted out of Medicare. We bill based on time spent with each patient.
- We provide you with an invoice containing all necessary codes that you can submit to your insurance for any out-of-network reimbursement that your plan allows.
- Please note that phone and video conference visits may not be reimbursed by your insurance carrier at the same rate as an in- person visit.
Can Dr. Fitz by my regular doctor?
No, Dr. Fitz acts as a consultant. All patients are advised to maintain a relationship with their primary care and full-scope women’s health provider. Dr. Fitz does not provide urgent or emergent care, does not deliver babies or perform surgery.